“Three quarters of us don’t trust businesses to do the right thing with our emails, phone numbers, preferences and bank details. I find that shocking.”
- Elizabeth Denham, ICO
What is GDPR and why is it important?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most significant change in data privacy regulation since 1995. This new regulation was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy.
This directly impacts businesses involved with EU personal data, regardless of where the business is conducted. Those not compliant with the new regulation can be subjected to up to 20 million EUR in fines.
Download DECK 7’s
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Steps and Resources for Marketers
to learn more.
News & Resources
- European Parliament approves General Data Protection Regulation in historic privacy ruling
CBR Online, April 14, 2016
- EDRi, an association of civil and human rights organisations from across Europe, discusses some key issues of the GDPR following the initial proposal by the Commission.
- Yes, The GDPR Will Affect Your U.S.-Based Business
Forbes Community Voice, December 4, 2017
- 7 Steps to GDPR for US Companies
InformationWeek, July 4, 2017
- EU GDPR Creates Big Challenges for U.S. Companies
GDPR Report, August 22, 2017