DO PUBLICATION SITES REALLY MATTER?
A successful whitepaper does require all the promotional activities but at the same time the places where you publish your whitepaper matters a lot. Imagine a situation where you have done all the promotional activities for your whitepaper with the best display ads, interstitial ads, and other rich media content but there are no visitors on the page where you have published your content. Websites which seldom have any visitors on their page will hinder all your promotional activities no matter how good you perform.
WHERE YOU CAN PUBLISH YOUR WHITEPAPER?
Whitepaper publishing is not limited to particular online sites, you can publish it where you wish to, as much as you desire. However, there are some sites that perform well depending on the whitepaper type that you are going to publish. Let’s find out some places where you can publish your whitepaper.
Company website: You can always rely on your company website as the first place to publish your whitepaper. A company website can include it in the resources repository so that it is available for your clients and audiences. These repositories sometimes prove as a blueprint for your clients to understand and learn about the services of your company.
Pubsites (Publication sites): When it comes to whitepaper publishing, pubsites prove to be the best as they are more channeled for a particular type of whitepaper content. Tweet This! Publishing the whitepaper on pubsite is more effective as pubsites follow the trend which can make your whitepaper more appealing if it is published on the appropriate pubsite with the trend aligned with your whitepaper content.
Facebook: Social media has gotten a wider reach in all the categories of online media. So, publishing a whitepaper on social media like Facebook shouldn’t be missed at all. Start with creating a separate Facebook company page for sharing your whitepapers. Start a discussion about your whitepaper on your Facebook page. You can also create a landing page for your whitepaper on Facebook to encourage downloads. In addition, Facebook ads can do wonders with its incredible targeting options.
LinkedIn: If you are not publishing your whitepaper on LinkedIn, it’s the time you should change your thought. LinkedIn offers a large pool of opportunities for publishing your written content especially useful for B2B clients/businesses as it has got a wide professional network. Your target audience and identify groups might be a part of LinkedIn which can provide better visibility. Posting your content on LinkedIn Groups not only gets your whitepaper in front of your target audience, but it also provides a great way for others to share your content with colleagues and others in their networks. LinkedIn ads can further add value to your whitepaper promotions.
Twitter: You can always tweet about your whitepaper highlighting the pain points it is targeting. Sometimes, a little tweet about your whitepaper can leave a big impact on your followers especially when it aligns with the trend. You can always develop a series of tweets that will explain more about your whitepaper and the problem it solves. Tweeting the content that readers might want to learn more about can be more beneficial along with adding a hashtag relevant to it.
SlideShare: SlideShare can be a great place to promote whitepapers with because of its various presentation features. Create a slide show version of your whitepaper that gives some top highlights as well as additional info on how people are going to be benefited from the downloaded version hence compelling them to download a whitepaper.
While there are many channels and places where you can publish your whitepaper, pubsites have proven to be more effective as it provides the marketer with 360-degree support for all the whitepaper promotional activities. Tweet This! Let’s discuss more on whitepaper promotion and some key points that should be considered while publishing your whitepaper on pubsites.
PUBLISHING YOUR WHITEPAPER ON PUBLICATION SITES
Promotional activities for whitepaper should be extensive along with timely inclusion of different strategies. Publishing your whitepaper on pubsites provide a wide range of benefits like:
• Easy navigation: With pubsites, it is easy for the audience to navigate to the related whitepaper content which they are seeking for as pubsites are generally industry-oriented and focused.
• Related news: Pubsite is a more relevant platform to share your whitepaper content as its wall is constantly updated with the industry domain news. Hence, it has increased chances of visitors falling on for their particular domain related needs.
• Aligned with the trend: Not only news but information about events and conferences are also published on pubsites and you never know when the visitor may get a glimpse of your whitepaper while browsing through these upcoming events and conferences.
• Resources: Pubsites are one-stop solution even for other resources like blogs & articles, infographics, webinars, etc. So, the seeker can receive more industry-oriented insights.
• Videos: Rich media resources like videos can enrich visitors with easy understanding of terms especially those related to technologies. For example, a manufacturing pubsite can be a host to various manufacturing processes related videos for the people for easy learning and upskilling their manufacturing knowledge.
• Thought Leadership: Pubsites do include interviews of thought leaders speaking on the current trends in the industry, shedding light on the opportunities in the new geos, in addition to the future industry demands and scopes. With Q&A sessions it really becomes easy for the visitors to gain valuable insights which they are seeking for. It’s always better to learn from the expert’s bird’s-eye view.
• Webinars: Pubsites are best when it comes to hosting a webinar. With webinars there are increased chances of visitors landing on your pubsite, eventually increasing the chances of your whitepaper downloads. So, promoting your whitepaper during a live webinar could be a winning call for your whitepaper promotional objectives.
WHAT REALLY MAKES THE DIFFERENCE?
Promoting your whitepaper through pubsites is like directly hitting the bull’s eye that is targeting the right audience at the right time. Tweet This! Here the visitors landing on pubsites are channeled ones as pubsites are already industry-specific. So, it becomes easy for the visitors to be in their particular domain world adhering to their specific industry requirements and insights. And for all those who are looking to promote their whitepaper, they just need to navigate to the pubsite catering to industry domain of the pubsite that their whitepaper may fall into. In other words, industry-specific pubsites work best when it comes to whitepaper promotional activities.
Whitepaper promotion does involve leveraging on all the rich media contents like banner ads, interstitial ads, video ads, etc. but the platform where you publish these or promote your whitepaper also matters a lot. Eventually selecting the right platform for your whitepaper publishing and promotion should be the goal of the marketers to attain their marketing objectives and thrive in business outcomes.